My Pi 4 gets a switch wired into a GPIO. This is part of a test we are doing. Happens fairly often with embedded programming that early in the project you don't actually have the hardware for which you are writing software. So here the switch is standing in for some of the hardware we don't have. Simply having a switch on a GPIO line might not seem like much, but it actually allows you to develop and test a fair amount of infrastructure.
This is the fixed strip of LEDs over my tool shelve. The last few inches had split from the rest and the strip was hanging down. I had used some small pieces of wire to connect the two strips. I must have snagged something along the strip that caused the wires to break and the remaining strip to break free. I fixed the connection between the two strips and then re-glued it. All better now.
With the walls prepared, it is time to get the bench top ready. This top will consist of 3/4" CDX plywood topped with 1/4" hardboard. I've used a setup like this before and the hardboard makes for a very good work surface. The last time I bonded the two I used an adhesive that while it worked I thought could have worked better. This time I used contact cement and spread it on both surfaces with a paint roller. Following the directions I allowed the cement to cure for an hour before joining the two surfaces. Although it was still supposed to be movable, once the surfaces met I was unable to make any adjustments to position. The large board is poorly aligned. Luckily, I have to remove several inches anyway so this poor alignment won't mess the surface up on the finished result.
Once the two pieces were mated I needed to apply weight for the drying process. For this I've employed the easiest weight I could find: water. I had several empty storage bins, a 6 gallon bucket, 5 gallon water jug, and some random ridged object I could throw a trash bag into. All of these I filled with water and placed them on the mated surfaces. The directions say the contact cement will cure in around 7 days. Since I'm not in a hurry I'm going to allow the project to cure for that long and work on it again come the weekend.
There used to be a workbench on this wall. I plan on rebuilding it, and the first step was removing the old setup. I found the walls around this area rather stained. After trying to hose them down and then scrubbing them with a brush connected to my drill, I've concluded the stain is not moving. I'm not exactly sure what caused the stain. My guess is something once sat in the corner that took up much of this wall, and sat there for many, many years. So after failing to clean the wall, I picked up some paint and gave it two coats.
The weather has taken an unexpected change from single digits to right around freezing, and I took the opportunity to ride into work. It was snowing lightly in the morning which made for a pretty ride. However, the unplowed roads made the ride very slow going. My typical one hour ride turned into an hour and a half. Going home was better as the roads were in better shape. In addition, I had a rare tailwind as winds were from the east. This means the weather is likely to sour, and I hope that means more snow.
Pokie and I attended our second stained glass evening class. Her cuts are far better than mine and I will have a lot of cleanup work to do. However, progress is being made and I am enjoying the challenge.
Pictured is a piece of glass I selected for its color characteristics. It is marked off and ready to be cut. Felt a little wasteful cutting out just these pieces, but I wanted these specific areas of the glass. I only messed up one cut, but just had to move a piece up a little as a result.