Pictured is the Punk Museum in Reykjavík, Iceland looked like most punk houses I've been. I felt quite at home.
This morning the lights in my sleeping quarters went out. I thin wire had broken and needed to be resoldered. The lighting and power outlets have been an issue for some time. I have a power strip used for a fan and cell phone charger, but it is positioned very awkwardly and the fan often become unplugged and the cellphone cord kept getting closed in the door. So I decided to rework things a bit.
The new layout has the power strip going directly into the junction box, wired to the socket. The power for the lights so the same. Now the outlets on the front are free.