I call my new version A.Q. Squares and have been cleaning up for several days. At work I have been learning about several new tools for code coverage and profiling, and I have built in what I learned to the makefile. It allows me to see how much of the source code is covered by unit tests, and what functions are taking the longest to execute. I haven’t used this information much yet, but I didn’t want to hold back having a place to release code. So version 1.0, stripped down to just being playable, has been released.
Only people who are experienced Linux users will be able to play right now. The distribution just comes with source code that can be built on a Linux machine. However, after I figure out what I want for a user interface I may release binary versions directly usable to anyone.