Most of today was spent doing clean up work. I picked up the remaining vent and electrical cover, painted them and got them all installed. Pictured is the rope light under the main bench, the blower, and the duct into the box. The duct is made of the blower's box and duck tape. Seemed fitting.
Not as much work done today in Madison. I attended Xiphos' Human's Vs. Zombies gathering, then went back to Beloit to do wash and get supplies. I ended up taking down both book shelves and all my benches. Everything on them has been packed, and when my setup in Madison is ready (i.e. there is no more cutting to be done) I have those items ready to move. Pictured is the view from inside the box looking out the left door.
An other long day in Madison working on the basement. I installed this keyboard tray, as well as finished the wiring inside the sleeping quarters. Tonight was the first night I spent in my new box as it is complete enough for me to stay the night. This required that I finish the wiring, lighting, and ventilation. For now the box is light by a string of blue LED rope light. I have a string of white LED rope light I plan to use, but for now it's lighting my box here in Cedar Rapids. I mounted the new blower and build a duct to direct the air into the plenum. There is a lot of airflow with this design. My first night went well. It was hot outside, but my basement was nice and cool. In fact, it was a little chilly toward morning. The box is my darkest design yet—not even a hint of light. I'll need to move in my bedding, but the trial run passed with flying colors.
This picture is out my window in Cedar Rapids on Monday night. I was woken by sirens, so I got up and had a look out the window to find a spectacular light show. It was just after 5:00 am, and I had to be up in half an hour, so needless to say I didn't get back to sleep. When I got to work, I found all the lights off. Several areas in Cedar Rapids lost power. I felt kind of bad sitting around, but there isn't much I can do unless I can use my computer.
The main bench has 2 boxes of four outlets, and each outlet will feed one power strip. Thus a total of 8 power strips just for this bench. The second leg of the bench will have at least 4 power strips. I'd rather have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.
This is Xiphos and his creation. He wanted to build a shelve above his bed, and after playing with the wood he had laying around this is what he came up with. It's pretty solid, and with it's coat of stain it doesn't look bad either.
Pictured is a poorly put together paniramic view of the progress thus far. Most of the main bench space is complete, as is the hanging shelve. What is missing are the book shelves, and a small 4' section of bench added just above the box door. Xen was kind enough to clean out the inside of the box, so I've been leaving the doors closed to keep out dust. Today seemed like it went very quickly. I installed rope light under the shelve, started the wiring inside the box, and ran lines for the switches that will turn lights on/off for the overall bench setup. I started on the shelves, but didn't end up liking the results. So more planning needed there. After some touch up paint, we were well into midnight and I called it a day.