I didn't have much time to work on the Odroid project today, but I did get the voltage divide resisters and the current sense resister soldered into place for one of the power inputs. This will be for the solar panel which I figure will run between 0 to and 20 VDC. I still need to connect the current sense opamp, but the voltage divide is finished.
Today the new Odroid arrived. Rather than attempt to fix the old one which likely involves replacing at least the power supply I ordered a new one. With it's arrival I very quickly had the setup running where I had left off with it. The SD and eMMC cards were undamaged, as was the I/O shield. One assembled the system booted and I was able to SSH into the device. I was also able to run my I/O shield program to monitor voltages and current.
Since this was running it was time to see about the battery and charger that have been sitting for the better part of a month unused. I quickly wired the battery to the charger, and the charger to the Odroid's power supply. I confirmed I was able to switch on and off the bench power supply and the system flawlessly ran from the power supply or battery. When there was enough power the battery charged, but when the supply voltage fell too low the system ran from the battery. This is exactly what I had expected and it was good to see progress on this project again.
I left the Odroid to run overnight on just battery power. The battery was pretty much at full charged and I wanted to see the Odroid run from the battery for several hours.